Why Air-Dried is a Better Choice
Our air-dried pet foods are naturally preserved at 80° Celsius, like jerky and other artisan meats. This gently evaporates moisture and bacteria while retaining all the nutrients, enzymes, amino acids and vitamins. And flavour.
The result? A delicious pet food made with 96% locally sourced meat and organs, strengthened with naturally sourced ingredients to provide a complete and balanced diet. All the nutrition of raw without needing refrigeration or rehydrating like freeze-dried.
- Recipes meet or exceed AAFCO standards
- 96% Protein-rich meats and organs
- High quality naturally sourced ingredients
- No artificial fillers or binders
- Air dried to preserve nutrients
- Feeds less than kibble or raw
- More cost-effective than raw or freeze dried
- Highly digestible, easy on the stomach
- More convenient than raw or freeze-dried
*Because our food has most of the moisture removed, it is recommended you have lots of fresh water handy for your dog.
Complete and Balanced Nutrition by Food Scientists
Our recipes are formulated to meet and often exceed AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials, a non-profit organization that sets nutritional standards for animal feeds and pet foods in the United States).
Our products are approved by a panel of vets, and our formulations were in development for more than one year, during which time feeding trials were performed on over 100 pets, including different breeds and sizes. Zeal supports healthy weight with added minerals and vitamins so pets can thrive. No need for extra supplements.
Air-Drying – Natural Artisanal Process
Dry dog foods are cooked, damaging fragile nutrients like natural prebiotics, antioxidants, Omega 3s and 6 essential fatty acids. Like raw food, we process locally sourced meats, including muscle and organs.
We add naturally sourced nutrients, vitamins and minerals and instead of freezing we dry it with gently warmed 80ºC air for eight hours. This unique process allows the water to naturally evaporate and preserves the optimal balance of protein, nutrients and flavour.
Locally and Naturally Sourced Ingredients
Our recipes feature 96% meat, muscle and organs– packed with protein and naturally occurring vitamins, minerals and amino acids. There are no artificial additives, preservatives or colours in our recipes, so your pet shouldn’t have any allergic reactions.
We have boosted the nutritional value by replacing ingredients that may evaporate during the airdrying process. We then add small amounts of natural ingredients to help skin, coat, teeth, digestion and immune systems.
- Food Grade Bamboo Fibre – helps detox and promotes gastrointestinal health and digestion, contributing to a firm stool
- Rosemary Extract – natural antioxidant with anti-microbial properties to help immune system and recovery after exercise
- Kelp – active minerals like iodine; dental health; (the jerky texture of dried food also helps scrub teeth)
- Sunflower Lecithin – vascular and heart health, promotes healthy skin and coat
- Parsley – anti-inflammatory, joint health, overall digestive health and reduces bad breath
Special recipe ingredients include:
- Freeze-Dried Salmon – Omega 3 oils and fatty acids, vitamin B12, B3 and D
- Freeze-Dried Pumpkin – aids digestion, tastes good
- Hemp – 3% hemp oil and protein with Omega 3, Omega 6, Omega 9 and steridonic acid to promote overall health, strengthen the immune system, boost skin and coat health, support healthy heart and weight, prevent cancer and for older dogs, provide pain relief for hips and joints.